It’s a frustrating fact—tooth loss happens. It’s never something you expect to deal with, and it can be debilitating both physically and emotionally. But don’t worry! Your missing teeth don’t have to define you or hold you back any longer. At Oklahoma Dental Implants & Oral Surgery in Moore, Dr. Seth R. Brooks can place dental implants and restore your oral function and give you a smile you’ll be proud to show off.
While it’s true that there are several options for replacing your missing teeth, dental professionals, including our own Dr. Seth R. Brooks, consider dental implants to be the best tooth-replacement system on the market today. They come with many benefits and are meant to last a lifetime!
Dental Implants to Replace Your Missing Teeth
Some patients experience tooth loss as a result of an injury or genetic defect, but most people suffer from loose or missing teeth as a result of poor oral hygiene or periodontal disease. To restore oral function, Dr. Seth R. Brooks can use one or more dental implants to replace your missing teeth. If you meet the following criteria, you’ll likely be considered a good candidate for dental implants:
- You have a loose or missing tooth or several teeth
- You require tooth extraction and need to replace it
- You prefer an alternative solution to dentures and bridges
- You want a tooth-replacement system that is long-lasting and aesthetically pleasing
To perform this procedure, Dr. Seth R. Brooks will surgically place small titanium screws directly into the jawbone. These screws—or dental implants—act as tooth roots and work to stimulate the jawbone so that it stays healthy and strong. As they heal, the dental implants will fuse with the jawbone, which makes them permanently secure. After your dental implants have completely healed and bonded with your jawbone, you will visit Dr. Seth R. Brooks at his Moore office so he can place your custom-made crowns on top. After that, your new smile will be complete!
Dental Implants Last a Lifetime
Because dental implants are made from titanium and are directly placed into the jawbone by Dr. Seth R. Brooks, they are considered a permanent tooth-replacement system. In fact, they are meant to last a lifetime, so long as Moore patients take care of their teeth by performing proper oral hygiene:
- Brush dental implants twice a day
- Floss dental implants and use antibacterial mouthwash once a day
- Visit a general dentist for regular cleanings and checkups twice a year
By doing this, Moore patients can expect their dental implants to last the rest of their lives! You’ll enjoy their many benefits, too, including:
- The ability to bite, talk, and smile with confidence
- Fully restored oral function
- Beautiful, natural-looking results
- Secure placement, which means you won’t have to deal with prosthetic teeth that slip and slide around your mouth
- The protection and preservation of your jawbone
- Their ease of care
Choose Dental Implants to Restore Your Smile
If you’re ready to find out if dental implants are the right choice for your loose or missing teeth, call Dr. Seth R. Brooks in Moore today to schedule your initial consultation. You can reach a member of his friendly team by calling (405) 329-3500.