So you’re ready to have dental implants placed to restore your smile! Dr. Seth R. Brooks and his team in Moore know what a big decision you’ve made and how excited you are to get back to a life where you won’t have to worry about your missing or damaged teeth. But before you visit him for your big day, Dr. Seth R. Brooks wants to be sure you’re prepared for your aftercare and recovery period. After all, your recovery is just as important as your surgery. Keep reading to find out what preparations you should make before coming in for your dental implants procedure.
Follow Dr. Seth R. Brooks Pre-Op Instructions
Before you come in for your dental implants procedure, his team will provide you with a list of instructions you will need to follow before your appointment. It’s vital that you follow these instructions carefully. If you don’t, Dr. Seth R. Brooks may be required to postpone your surgery. These instructions will include preparations such as:
- Don’t eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco products for at least 12 hours before your surgery.
- A Moore friend or family member must accompany you to your appointment, remain in the office during your procedure, and drive you home afterward.
- Make sure you also have someone available to drive you to your necessary appointments for 24 hours following your procedure.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes to your appointment.
- Do not wear contact lenses, jewelry, or dentures to your surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Please notify the office of any illness you might be experiencing prior to your surgery date.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Seth R. Brooks prior to your surgery date for instructions.
Ask for Help from Your Friends and Family in Moore
As we mentioned above, it’s required that you have a friend or family member available to drive you home safely after your dental implants procedure. Additionally, Dr. Seth R. Brooks recommends his Moore patients seek help in the days following their procedure as well. You may need help around your house with chores, meals, and children. While you won’t be very restricted physically in regards to your normal daily activities, you may not feel up to taking care of these daily tasks, and a little extra help could serve you well during your recovery.
Prepare Your Kitchen and Pantry with the Right Foods
Another way you can prepare for your dental implants procedure is to stock up on the right types of foods you should eat during your recovery. Soft foods and liquids will be ideal in the first days following your surgery. You should avoid eating hard, crunchy, or spicy foods for several days as these types of foods can cause irritations in your gums and surgical sites. As your dental implants begin to heal, Dr. Seth R. Brooks will allow you to return to your normal diet.
Call Oklahoma Dental Implants & Oral Surgery Today
If you’ve decided to have dental implants with Dr. Seth R. Brooks, make sure you follow his recommendations to prepare for your procedure.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call his office in Moore at (405) 329-3500. A member of his friendly team will be happy to assist you.